My photo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
An illustrator and games artist living and working in Scotland. I have various hobbies: coding, travel, art and games; and I enjoy writing about them.

20 September 2011

New Year New Start

I thought long about what to write here. There is nothing better than starting a blog in the right way. I mean, somebody, somewhere might actually be reading this someday! It is a scary thought. Therefore after much thought I came up with this universal greeting to everyone no matter of background or social standing. Here it goes:


"Hi :)"


So with that out of the way let me give a short intro on what this blog is all about. This virtual space will be my sketchbook, diary, notebook and pretty much anything else I can think of. Listing my interests, work and interesting finds on the Internet. Primarily it is of course to act as a digital sketchbook for my third year in Computer Arts, but nothing is stopping me from sharing some interesting links with you guys, right?

For example, let's start with this one. I believe everyone must see this, no matter what you do or what your interests are.


For best results watch this in HD and in a full screen.


See what I mean? My first reaction was something like this, "Oh cool, I like skiing. Would love to go off pist like thaa-WWOOOAAAHHHHH!!!".


And now for something vaguely on topic. Many students find summer to be a difficult time and I'm no different. However with a stroke of luck I managed to make some awesome things for some awesome people, and show off my artistic skills at the same time! Of course I didn't get paid for any of it, but what great pieces of artwork to add to my portfolio!

The first thing I did was for a friend of mine and his music blog. The blog is called RedSheep and you should absolutely check it out. The website itself is under development at the moment unfortunately.



The one in the middle actually made it to the site, whereas the other two came very closely behind.


Second bit of professional work was done for a Glasgow Vampire LARP website. They are awesome guys, really easy to work with and generally pleasant to chat to. You should also check them out. Maybe come to some games. It's great fun.




The very first one can be seen on the website right this second, and they were even nice enough to add a link to my dAPortfolio at the bottom!

And finally, just as I started to think that summer will never end and I will surely perish in the crazy boredom of one lazy summer day after another I was asked to help out with a burlesque show that was being put on. After happy two weeks spent running around, arranging venues and such things we had a green light for a show and it was time to make posters. The one I made didn't quite make it to the finish. Mainly because I was so caught up in getting ready to go away on a holiday I forgot to put in our sponsors and other important bits of information.



So quite a busy summer as you can see. Next year will be even busier! Bring it on! :D

Until next time!

PS: I'll try my best to update this blog every week. Probably on Wednesday or Friday.