My photo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
An illustrator and games artist living and working in Scotland. I have various hobbies: coding, travel, art and games; and I enjoy writing about them.

1 March 2012

Digital Life Drawing 2

Another week, another life drawing class.


I enjoyed it as much as the previous one - sat at a table, munching on some Skittles and listening to music. I'm going to switch back to traditional materials however, because of a piece of advice someone gave me.


"That's silly, use a pencil, or inks or watercolours. It's good for your kidneys. It's also good for being intentional with your strokes" ~ Beeston, ConceptArt.org


I completely agree with him/her. Life drawing teaches us to draw from life, see form, value and colour with the naked eye and develop the muscle memory that can be transferred to all media. Why ruin it by putting up an additional level of complexity your brain doesn't need?


So here are some pictures.












40min.

That's all form me for today. Peace!