My photo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
An illustrator and games artist living and working in Scotland. I have various hobbies: coding, travel, art and games; and I enjoy writing about them.

31 October 2012

Unreal Environment Sketch

Finally my Skillful Huntsman book came in the post. It is a beautiful book and very much recommended to everyone. Lots of excellent ideas and techniques. Also, it's very interesting to see the design process of some of the best people in the industry.

Anyway, right to business. Having read the skillful huntsman I've made some preliminary sketches (which I'll upload to this very post when I scan them in) and went into painting. The visual development is for the Unreal project, but is also relevant to my honours. This is a media test (custom brushes etc.) and the test of the pipeline.








The outcome if fairly pleasing to the eye, so I deem this a success.