My photo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
An illustrator and games artist living and working in Scotland. I have various hobbies: coding, travel, art and games; and I enjoy writing about them.

5 May 2013

Vetrogor

Remember those characters and locations I had to remove and stick into the "would be cool to have but will probably not have enough time" list? Well, turns out I have some time, so I'm making quick sketches of these. Like this one only took me about 2 hours. It's very quick, very rough, but it does the job.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Vetrogor. A giant, bogatyr who can move mountains. I've been reading quite a lot of Hellboy and BPRD recently, and was inspired by their striking, high contrast style. Something tells me the rest of the work I produce in the next wee while will be traceable back to Mike Mignola. Sorry, it's subconscious :)

Enjoy!