My photo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
An illustrator and games artist living and working in Scotland. I have various hobbies: coding, travel, art and games; and I enjoy writing about them.

1 May 2013

Witch Castle WIP

I've been working on it for a while and there was a previous version. But unfortunately I'm the kinda painter who paints over unsuccessful attempts, so no one will ever see it. A shame, it was a cool sketch, just not quite what I was looking for.

Anyway, here's the current version.


It still has a VERY long way to go. I will refine things like value and lighting (still getting adjusted to the new monitor, so it might be a bit dark where you're viewing it). With time I want to add a bit more complimentary warms and accents of purple. Purple comes from the witch's main colour scheme and is used to symbolise mystery and evil magic.

These are very, very early stages.

Peace.